- The vertical alignment encourages a more ergonomic operating position
- Ambidextrous Design- Central 'bow-tie' switch allows for easy transition between right and left handed use.
- Easy-glide symmetrical base - Allows the user to rest either hand comfortably alongside the vertical structure, encouraging the use of the bigger muscles in the fore and upper arm to manoeuvre the mouse. Fine cursor control is still achievable with small hand and/or finger movements
- Precision performance laser - Provides accurate tracking on typical work surfaces
- Adjustable 400, 600, 800 or 1200 dpi settings- Encourages fast and precise operating movements
- Precision scroll wheel - For fast, accurate document scrolling including an auto-scroll feature
- Soft key touch - Low activation force and full key travel distance provides keying comfort
The Penguin mouse is available in three sizes. To choose the correct one for you, measure your hand from the first crease on your wrist to the tip of your middle finger.
|SMALL||0-16cm||(0-6 ins approx.)|
|MEDIUM||16-18cm||(6-7 ins approx.)|
|LARGE||18cm +||(7 ins + approx.)|
Wired and wireless (rechargeable) versions available.
- Compatibility: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X.
- Plug & Play USB 2.0
This is an item we keep stock in our warehouse.
If the item is currently in stock we will process your order in 24 hours. Please allow up to 3-4 days for delivery, though times will often be faster than this.
14 day return
We offer a 14 day return policy on this item, providing the item is not damaged. You must first phone the office to obtain a Returns Note and Number. Goods must then be returned in their original packaging with the original Delivery Note and Returns Note enclosed.
On return you can exchange your item for another one or opt for a refund. We do not refund the outward carriage charge nor do we pay for the cost of return.
If in the very un-likely event the item is faulty we will collect it and either refund it or provide you with a replacement. Please let us know within 24 hours of receipt of the item to make a valid claim.
- Fantastic! Review by R.Williams
It took a little while to get used to it after using standard mice all of my life but once I got the hang of it, it was great. (Posted on 17/10/2014)
- Takes some getting used to but no more wrist pain Review by AlexHeylin
- Excellent product to cure repetetive Strain Review by Sue Willington
It's easy to use and get used to.
The left mouse click button has failed but I am finding the return and replace process very straightforward
Great product and service Posturite, am recommending to our Occupation Health dept (Posted on 18/09/2014)
- Excellent ergonomic device Review by James
Only two things to mention. The first is very minor: every time you turn on your computer you have to press the DPI button on the Penguin to select the desired level. Would be nice if it could remember it.
Secondly I want to address something that I've seen mentioned in reviews on other websites - that the buttons are cheap, weak or will wear out. Both buttons do have quiet, cushioned clicks, and in the case of the top, "left-click" button, quite a bit of travel. To be honest they do feel a little like they might not last, but after a few weeks of use I've developed confidence that it is just that the design is "soft-click" and they're fine. They just feel significantly different to the solid click you may be used to.
Very happy with my purchase, thank you. (Posted on 24/07/2014)
- Mixed - not for every task Review by Busybee
A normal mouse is mostly operated with the hand and fingers allowing quick and precise selections. The Penguin is mostly operated (moved) with the arm which makes this precision quite difficult. Interestingly, reviews for similar types of ergonomic mice (joystick types) stress this same issue. I do a lot of desktop publishing and image editing. Even after three days, I get very frustrated with the fine selection tasks. At the end of the day, I ended up with soreness in my neck/ shoulders. Subsequently, I would recommend the Penguin for people who mostly do text-processing, software development and similar tasks.
In addition to this main issue, there are others you should be aware of: the mouse buttons are quite stiff. I find that when pressing the buttons, I move the mouse. Also, the mouse has a wide bottom for resting your hands which means, it does require a lot more space than a normal mouse. Further, the mouse needs a lot more space as the movements are much (!) more extensive than a normal mouse. To explain the latter point: at the speed set for my normal mouse, I quickly run out of desk space to move the cursor from the top of my screen window to the bottom (very frustrating). I reduced this problem by increasing the mouse speed to fastest (and setting the dpi to highest).
Finally, I did notice that my wrist was less sore at the end of the day. However, even if I manage to finally achieve the same selection precision as with a normal mouse, I will probably end up with a shoulder/ neck problem. For the main computer tasks I perform, I will have to find an ergonomic mouse rather than a stick. (Posted on 21/07/2014)
- Wrist Pain now Gone !!!!! Review by Cathy
- Excellent Review by Big Hands
Smooth effortless control. The bird beats the mouse hands down!
Only negative I can think of is no "forwards/Backwards" button for browsing pages. (Posted on 11/04/2014)
- No more pain. Excellent mouse! Review by Scotts
- Really Pleased Review by Mrs O
- Pick up a...? Review by Sebastian (Staff Review)
A normal flat mouse seems like the most alien object in my hand now. This is the future - it seems that we have progressed beyond mice to penguins. The only downside is that it doesn't double as a gaming joystick! (Posted on 04/12/2013)