Understanding the body’s mechanics and the importance of sitting and lifting correctly can help avert the most common causes of back pain and work-related upper limb disorders. We have a comprehensive library of educational and information material to help people understand how they can improve their own chances of avoiding health problems in the workplace.
Please find below links to some helpful advice and tips on ergonomic best practice.
- Active Working - for sit-stand desks (PDF, 215K)
- Active Working - for sit-stand platforms - DeskRite 100 (PDF, 249K)
- Active Working - for sit-stand platforms - VARIDESK (PDF, 184K)
- Back Care Awareness Factsheet (PDF, 930K)
- Effective Back Care (PDF, 1.79 MB)
- The art of sitting (PDF, 468K)
- Car ergonomics checklist (PDF, 175K)
- DSE helpful hints (PDF, 613K)
- Laptop helpful hints for use with mini keyboards (PDF, 654K)
- Laptop helpful hints for use with standard keyboards (PDF, 654K)
- Advice for using portable communication devices (PDF, 496K)
- Tips and advice for using iPads and tablet devices (PDF, 240K)
- Workstation exercises (PDF, 510K)
Please find below links to download our PDF Catalogue.
To manage health and safety responsibilities you need up to date information and guidance. Please find below useful links to outside resources.
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)