What is ergonomics?
Ergonomics is about fitting task and equipment to user.
Ergonomics from the Greek - means 'work science'.
Ergonomic equipment is designed for tasks and environments in such a way as to improve:
- Health and Safety
Here at Posturite we supply a wide range of ergonomic equipment designed with the user in mind. Many of the items are designed by our own ergonomists.
But ergonomics is not just about equipment.
Good ergonomics is also about a range of other working factors:
- Good posture – A good ergonomic chair will help this but people should consider standing up to change posture.
- Regular movement – We are not designed to sit still for long periods. An ergonomic chair's free floating mechanism helps keep you moving.
- Work organisation – Encouraging regular breaks.
- Software – People need digital tools and software that work. Unusable or slow software leads to frustration. In fact we have tried to design this website with you as the user in mind. Please leave us feedback if you have any problems with the website.
In addition it is about a comfortable environment.
- Temperature – Too hot and we cannot concentrate, too cold and we become stiff.
- Lighting – Too light or too dark can cause strain on the eyes.
- Reflections and screen glare- Can also cause strain on the eyes. Screen filters can help solve this problem in environments where glare cannot be controlled easily.
- Humidity – Low humidity can cause dry eyes and throat, whilst high humidity can cause perspiration.
- Noise – Can disturb our work.
- Space – Not enough desk space can increase the chance of bad mouse and keyboard habits.
We can supply you with the right equipment to work ergonomically, but you need to follow correct working habits and ensure your environment is comfortable in order to be happy and productive whilst working.