Display screen equipment (DSE) assessment foundation
1 day, maximum 12 delegates per course
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with an understanding of DSE regulations and assessment procedures together with the risks associated with incorrect use of computers and examples of possible solutions.
The course is run by one of our experienced Posturite assessors who are either relevant health professionals or ergonomists.
Delegates will gain an understanding of common musculoskeletal disorders, the regulations associated with DSE assessment, an overview of common workstation problems and an insight into possible solutions. They will be provided with the information that is required to be able to complete standard DSE assessments of workstations in line with the display screen equipment regulations.
Who Should Attend
Line managers, health and safety professionals, facilities and HR personnel, employees with an interest in DSE and health and safety.
- Relevant legislation relating to DSE
- Possible health issues in relation to DSE work
- 'Correct' DSE workstation layouts
- Managing the process of DSE assessment and controls
- DSE assessment theory and review of possible methodologies
- Common DSE problems and possible solutions
- Practical demonstration of ergonomic accessories
- Practical undertaking of a DSE assessment by delegates