Display screen equipment (DSE) assessment post-foundation
Price£199 (ex VAT) £149 (ex VAT) £895 (ex VAT)
1 day, maximum 12 delegates per course
The aim of this course is to update and increase the knowledge of existing DSE assessors so that they are able to understand the less common problems associated with assessing DSE issues to be able to more confidently identify possible solutions. The courses are run by our qualified health professionals and/or ergonomists and provide a great opportunity for delegates to share their experiences of being DSE assessors.
Delegates will be able to review their understanding of the DSE regulations and gain a broader understanding of anatomy, physiology and common musculoskeletal disorders. They will have an opportunity to discuss issues from their own practise and updated their knowledge of, and be able to evaluate, relevant ergonomic office accessories.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for DSE assessors who have completed a minimum of 30 DSE assessments and have already attended a DSE foundation course or gained a similar level of knowledge through other means.
This course aims to facilitate a deeper understanding of DSE assessment and problem resolution by building on the delegate's knowledge and skills gained in foundation DSE training and their DSE assessing experience.
This particular course is not aimed at experienced occupational health advisors or therapists as the course is biased towards the more common musculoskeletal issues and their knowledge will be greater than the content delivered.
- Review of the regulations relating to DSE
- Review of anatomy and physiology relating to the body when using DSE
- Discussion and review of the conditions that may be reported by users of computer equipment
- Review of 'best practice' when discussing working postures and the need for flexibility, not just application of strict 'rules', including discussing individual cases
- Practical review of workstation set up
- Practical review of 'ergonomic' equipment, discussing when to use and why.
- Discussion of return to work scenarios.
More than six weeks until your chosen course date?
Use promo code EARLYBIRD at the checkout to get £50 off!
Not applicable to hosted courses