First aid training courses
We provide a host of first aid training options to equip staff with the necessary skills to provide immediate attention if an individual falls ill or is injured at work. All of our courses meet the HSE standard for delivering first aid training in line with the most up-to-date regulations.
Why is first aid training necessary?
Having appropriate first aid measures in place is crucial to the health and safety of your employees. It is also your legal responsibility. If an employee does suffer an injury or sudden death at work and you have failed to sufficiently comply with regulations, the government’s Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will prosecute.
What first aid training does my business need?
Not all businesses require the same level or type of first aid training. To find out what your first aid requirements are, you can use our handy calculator.
What first aid training courses do you offer?
- First Aid at Work
3 day comprehensive course equipping delegates with skills to respond to an extensive range of illnesses and injuries in the workplace.
- First Aid at Work Requalification
2 day course for those who completed first aid training three years ago.
- Emergency First Aid at Work
1 day course for those working in low-risk environments who want to learn how to deal with a range of emergency situations.
- First Aid at Work Annual Refresher
3 hour refresher course designed for delegates wanting to refresh skills and retain confidence in essential first aid techniques.
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED) Awareness
2 hour course offering delegates a basic introduction into the need for automated external defibrillators.
- Basic Life Support & Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillation
5.5 hour course teaching delegates how to use defibrillators.
- Basic Life Support & Management of Anaphylaxis
3 hour course offering an introduction to the treatment of anaphylaxis.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
1 day course offering delegates an understanding of basic first aid for babies and children.
- Paediatric First Aid
2 day course designed in line with OFSTED recommendations, with certification issued upon successful completion of written and practical assessment.
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED) Bolt On
A condensed version of our AED training, to be bolted onto any of our other first aid courses for £100 - adding only 1.5 hours to the total time.
- Anaphylaxis Bolt On
A condensed version of our anaphylaxis training, to be bolted onto any of our other first aid courses for £100 - adding only 1.5 hours to the total time.
Why choose Posturite for first aid training?
- Engaging face-to-face training with experienced first aid experts
- Learn and practice on first-rate equipment
- Cost-effective and simple way to comply with first aid regulations
- Company’s specific policies and issues can be addressed
- Education is the key to a healthier, safer workplace
- Improve chances of survival in case of emergency