Emergency paediatric first aid (QA level 3 award)
Price£499 (ex VAT)
1 day, maximum 12 delegates per course
The aim of the qualification is to enable delegates to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
Delegates will be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in situations which arise when looking after children including unconscious casualty, bleeding, respiratory disorders, shock and anaphylaxis. This course caters for higher risk environments.
Who Should Attend
Designed for individuals caring for children, this course offers delegates an understanding of basic first aid for babies and children.
Anyone who works with or cares for children and requires basic first aid knowledge and skills.
- Roles and responsibilities of paediatric first aider
- Incident and casualty management
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrilltors (AEDs)
- Unconscious casualty
- Management of a seizure
- External bleeding and hypovolaemic shock including tourniquets and haemostatic dressings
- Multiple choice written assessment
Note: This qualification does not fulfil Ofsted's first aid requirement for early years teachers, nursery workers and child minders (as defined withing the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide).