Conflict resolution training
Price£695 (ex VAT)
1 day, maximum 16 delegates per course
The aim of this course is to enable staff to recognise different aspects of conflict that they may encounter and to be able to understand and be aware of the different methods of resolving such conflicts.
Delegates will gain an understanding of how to recognise the different ways in which people communicate. In particular various impact factors, warning signals and the importance of distance when dealing with conflict. The term 'reasonable force' in relation to lawful context is clearly defined and delegates will know how to react in a conflict situation to ensure personal safety, with an understanding that no two situations are the same.
All delegates will be provided with a certificate.
Who Should Attend
A course for employees who regularly deal with customers or members of the public and would benefit from understanding the contributory factors that can lead to conflict in the workplace.
This course is for all staff consisting of non-physical intervention techniques on managing and de-escalating potentially violent incidents within the work environment. Our trainers provide the knowledge and expertise to employees to ensure that they are confident in their abilities to protect the welfare of their colleagues.
- Describe common causes of conflict
- Describe two forms of communication
- Give examples of communication breakdown
- Explain three examples of communication models that can assist conflict resolution
- Describe patterns of behaviour they may encounter during different interactions
- Explain the different warning and danger signs
- Give examples of impact factors
- Describe the use of distance when dealing with conflict
- Explain the use of 'reasonable force' as it applies to conflict resolution
- Describe different methods for dealing with possible conflict situations