Manual handling train the trainer
3 day, maximum 10 delegates per course
Day one and two will run consecutivley containing both practical and theory sessions followed by assessed presentations on day three.
Day three will take place approximatley one week after days one and two.
Delegates will be required to undertake a 10 minute presentation on a topic of their choice on the afternoon of day one.
Delegates will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to develop and deliver effective moving and handling training sessions within their own organisation. They will gain confidence in presenting to others and receive feedback from the assessor to enable them to improve their skills.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has previously completed a course in manual handling and wishes to further their understanding of the subject and is required to teach others within their organisation how to carry out safe manual handling techniques.
- Introduction to manual handling and relevant regulations
- Presentation skills
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine and relevant areas
- Manual handling injuries
- Risk assessment relating to manual handling
- Mechanics of lifting and good handling techniques
- Documentation relating to risk assessment
- Risk reduction measures including manual handling aids
- Delegate presentations
Delegates need to ensure that they are fit enough to attend this course (able to perform simple handling tasks at different levels) as there are key practical elements in the course.