More courses have been added to our annual training programme to meet an ever-growing demand for places.
This year we’ll run a record number of open courses across the country, and help hundreds of people to gain skills and qualifications as DSE assessors, first aiders, manual handling trainers and a whole lot more.
This is on top of the thousands who will be trained at their desks via WorkRite’s market-leading suite of e-learning and assessment software.
Open courses being run by our WorkRite training specialists in strategic locations across Britain over the next six months include:
● Manual Handling ‘Train the Trainer’ – a three-day course designed to provide delegates who have previously attended a moving and handling course with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to develop and deliver effective moving and handling training within their own organisation.
Sept 14-16, Loughborough; Nov 2-4, Edinburgh
● DSE Assessor – a one-day course to give delegates an understanding of DSE regulations and assessment procedures together with the risk associated with the incorrect use of computers and examples of possible solutions.
Sept 9, London; Sept 16, Posturite HQ; Sept 21, Aberdeen; Sept 28, Leeds; Oct 12, London; Oct 20, Birmingham; Nov 9, Bristol; Nov 17, Newcastle; Nov 25, London; Dec 1, Edinburgh; Dec 7, Posturite HQ; Dec 14, London.
● DSE Assessor Advanced (A) / Refresher (R) – Separate one-day courses for DSE assessors wanting to refresh, update and/or increase their knowledge.
Sept 7, London (A); Sept 14, Posturite HQ, East Sussex (A); Sept 22, Aberdeen (A); Sept 23, Posturite HQ (R); Sept 28, Leeds (A); Sept 30, Leeds (R); Oct 7, Manchester (A); Oct 14, London (A); Oct 21, Birmingham (A); Nov 10, Bristol (A); Nov 11, Bristol (R); Nov 18, Newcastle (A); Nov 23, London (A); Dec 2, Edinburgh (A); Dec 3, Edinburgh (R); Dec 9, Posturite HQ (A); Dec 16, London (A).
● Ergonomics: the Office & Beyond – a two-day introduction to ergonomics, its origins, definitions and benefits; analysis of working postures; evaluation and use of equipment; and causes and implications of workplace stress.
Sept 8-9, Edinburgh; Dec 13-14, London.
● First Aid at Work – a three-day course designed to teach delegates a range of life saving skills. Upon successful completion of the course and independent assessment, delegates will be awarded an HSE-approved, nationally recognised First Aid at Work certificate, valid for three years.
July 26-28, Norwich; Aug 24-26, Newcastle; Sept 5-7, Edinburgh; Sept 14-16, Portsmouth; Sept 21-23, London – East; Sept 21-23, Cambridge; Sept 28-30, Oxford; Oct 5-7, Gatwick; Oct 5-7, Glasgow; Oct 12-14, Exeter; Oct 12-14, Leeds; Oct 19-21, Leicester; Oct 26-28, Aberdeen; Oct 26-28, London – West; Nov 2-4, Bristol; Nov 9-11, Sheffield; Nov 16-18, Coventry; Nov 23-25, London – Central; Nov/Dec 30-02, Cardiff; Dec 7-9, London – South West; Dec 7-9, Manchester; Dec 14-16, Bristol.
Dozens more courses for individual businesses will be organised either at their premises or at venues that we arrange for them.
In addition to the subjects listed above, courses include Office Health & Safety Awareness (1 hour); Principle & Practice of Risk Assessment (1 day); Fire Safety / Fire Warden Training (half day); HSE First Aid at Work Requalification (2 days); Manual Handling Principles & Practice (half day); Appointed Persons First Aid (1 day).
For further details, visit our training section or call 0345 345 0010.
Our HSE-approved first aid courses have been developed and are run in conjunction with the team at MediRite, our specialist occupational health and first aid division. All the courses place the emphasis on interaction and practical skills.
As well as the First Aid at Work one, two and three-day courses, we also offer the following: Evacuation Chair Training (2 ½ hours); Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training (1 day); Practical First Aid (full-day or half-day); Emergency First Aid for Children (1 day); Oxygen Therapy (3-4 hours); AED and Oxygen Therapy Combined Training (1 day).
For more information visit www.medirite.co.uk or call 0845 199 9991.