JAWS Screen Reading Software
JAWS is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content. JAWS reads aloud what’s on the PC screen and gives users a unique set of intelligent tools for navigating and accessing Web pages and all screen content.
Compatible with Frequently used Workplace and Classroom Applications
JAWS enables you to work with Lotus Symphony, spreadsheets, and presentation creation and with Lotus Notes by IBM. JAWS also is compatible with Microsoft Office Suite, MSN Messenger, Corel WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Internet Explorer, Firefox - and many more applications that are regularly used.
Unmatched Braille Support
With a refreshable Braille display, JAWS also provides Braille output in addition to, or instead of, speech. An array of versatile features and customisable options lets you tailor JAWS for your individual needs and preferences.
- Talking installation – quick and simple
- Two multi-lingual speech synthesisers - Eloquence and Vocalizer with natural-sounding speech
- DAISY-formatted basic training in text and audio
- Translated into 17 languages
- JAWS 11.0.1467 and later supports dual monitors
- Convenient OCR - with just a few simple keystrokes, access any image on the screen that includes text
- Standard and professional versions available
- JAWS Tandem – access other computers running JAWS to provide hands-on technical support, write and distribute scripts from a distance, and conduct remote JAWS training
- Free hard disk space:
- 20 MB to 690 MB required per voice for installing Vocalizer Expressive, Vocalizer Direct, or RealSpeak Solo Direct voices (file sizes will vary depending on the voice installed)
- 4 GB recommended (64-bit), 2 GB recommended (32-bit)
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server® 2012, and Windows Server 2008
- 1 year
The estimated lead time for this item is displayed towards the top of the page, under the short description.
Delivery and installation options
With downloadable software, shipping is free and you should receive all the necessary information and links in an email within one working day of placing your order.
30 day return
If you change your mind and your item is unused and in its original condition, we can give you a full refund when you return it within 30 days with your proof of purchase e.g. confirmation email or order number.
The goods must be returned during business hours, carriage paid, in perfect condition in their original packaging, with the Returns Note enclosed.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is faulty/damaged, please contact us to advise when the item is packaged up and ready for collection.
If goods are returned due to a fault on the item, this will be tested and if faulty, a replacement will be issued. If no fault is found, the item will be returned back to you.
Please note that if you wish to exchange an item, you will need to return the original item for a full refund, then place a new order (which will include delivery costs again).
For more detailed information on our returns policy and any right you have to return goods under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, please visit our 'Returns and refunds' page, accessed from the footer.