Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse (Medium, Wired)
The Penguin marks a major breakthrough in the battle to beat health problems created when computer users spend too much time handling a conventional mouse.
It sets new standards of protection against a range of upper limb conditions such as repetitive strain injury (RSI) and carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) by enabling right and left hands to share the workload and avoiding exaggerated movements of the wrist joint that can increase pressure on the soft tissues in the carpal tunnel. Regular switching of hands throughout the day helps prevent static muscle strain (SMS) in the arm and shoulder - a major source of discomfort in mouse work.
The Penguin Mouse is now antimicrobial to inhibit the growth of bacteria - making it perfect for hot desking environments.
- The vertical alignment encourages a more ergonomic operating position
- Ambidextrous Design- Central 'bow-tie' switch allows for easy transition between right and left handed use.
- Easy-glide symmetrical base - Allows the user to rest either hand comfortably alongside the vertical structure, encouraging the use of the bigger muscles in the fore and upper arm to manoeuvre the mouse. Fine cursor control is still achievable with small hand and/or finger movements
- Precision performance laser - Provides accurate tracking on typical work surfaces
- Adjustable 400, 600, 800 or 1200 dpi settings- Encourages fast and precise operating movements
- Precision scroll wheel - For fast, accurate document scrolling
- Soft key touch - Low activation force and full key travel distance provides keying comfort
- 2 year warranty
The Penguin mouse is available in three sizes. To choose the correct one for you, measure your hand from the first crease on your wrist to the tip of your middle finger.
|SMALL||0-16cm||(0-6 ins approx.)|
|MEDIUM||16-18cm||(6-7 ins approx.)|
|LARGE||18cm +||(7 ins + approx.)|
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X
- Plug & Play USB 2.0
- 2 years
Q: What should I do if my wired Penguin mouse is on but the clicks do not work / the cursor won’t move / the cursor moves erratically or slowly / the Penguin loses connection / the scroll wheel doesn’t work?
- Remove the USB cable
- Reboot your computer and install all necessary updates
- Now firmly re-insert the USB cable directly into your computer, not via any multi USB hubs
- Click and move the Penguin until the cursor moves on the screen
- If the cursor does not move, then retry step 3 and plug the Penguin USB cable into a different USB port on your computer
- If it still does not work, plug the Penguin into another computer to check it is operational
- Failing all the above steps, please contact Customer Services with the serial number found on the base of the Penguin, similar to the format 'MDWD********'
Q: What should I do if I don't see a laser light on my wired Penguin mouse?
Your Penguin mouse uses an infrared (IR) laser, which is invisible to the human eye.
Still having problems?
Please give our customer services team a call on +44 (0) 345 345 0010.
The estimated lead time for this item is displayed towards the top of the page, under the short description.
Delivery and installation options
We will deliver the item(s) using a standard courier service. See our delivery charges ›
30 day return
If you change your mind and your item is unused and in its original condition, we can give you a full refund when you return it within 30 days with your proof of purchase e.g. confirmation email or order number.
The goods must be returned during business hours, carriage paid, in perfect condition in their original packaging, with the Returns Note enclosed.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is faulty/damaged, please contact us to advise when the item is packaged up and ready for collection.
If goods are returned due to a fault on the item, this will be tested and if faulty, a replacement will be issued. If no fault is found, the item will be returned back to you.
Please note that if you wish to exchange an item, you will need to return the original item for a full refund, then place a new order (which will include delivery costs again).
For more detailed information on our returns policy and any right you have to return goods under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, please visit our 'Returns and refunds' page, accessed from the footer.