Food safety retail level 2 e-learning course
Food safety training is essential for anyone who serves food and drink in the retail industry. This course follows the internationally recognised way of keeping food safe known as Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
If you are selling food or drink - whether in a corner shop, supermarket, or newsagent, you have a responsibility to ensure that anything served to your customers is safe to eat. Our Food Safety Level 2 Retail course takes users on an interactive journey through the key aspects of food hygiene.
The engaging illustrations and interactive questions are designed to help users retain critical food safety information in line with UK legislation, including HACCP. They will learn everything from the most common hazards to look out for, to the best ways of avoiding contamination. All of this will not only protect customers, it will also improve and maintain the reputation of your business.
This is an essential learning tool for anyone who serves food and drink in a retail environment. For a more general overview, please see Food Safety Level 1, and for catering, please see Food Safety Catering Level 2.
Once they’ve completed this course, users should be able to:
- Understand the HACCP standards
- Identify the main hazards present in kitchens
- Know how to organise equipment to avoid these risks
- Be aware of the risks of cross-contamination and how to avoid it
- Understand the benefits of cleaning properly
- Cook to the appropriate temperatures
- Understand their obligations under law
Our Food Safety Level 2 Retail course is designed to help businesses protect their employees in an efficient, cost-effective way. With easy-to-understand information and interactive illustrations, users will be able to build and test their knowledge to safeguard the public while serving food and drink.
Key benefits include:
- Cost-effective way of training staff
- Saves valuable time and resources
- Users can complete the courses at a pace that suits them
- Provides automatic email reminders to prompt users to complete course
- Police-approved secure platform with hourly data backups encrypted with AES-256 encryption
- Interactive, visual learning
- Easy-to-digest information
- Peace-of-mind for employers
- Potential reduction in health and safety issues related to food and drink
Want to make this e-course more specific to your business? We can do that. Whether you want branding, you’d like to incorporate specific company policies, or any other customisations, head over to our Bespoke Online Learning page to find out more.
Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
- Microbiological hazards
- Hygiene and housekeeping
- Take the test