Lack of training, inadequate communication and poor management are key contributing factors to Legionella outbreaks at work. Our e-learning course Legionella Essentials provides all the information users need to identify and mitigate Legionella risks and prevent staff from falling ill.
With Legionella Essentials, staff will be better equipped to avoid the serious consequences of a Legionella outbreak, which include the cost of investigating and managing the outbreak, and the loss of productivity from those affected. In some cases Legionella can result in very serious illness and even death.
Discover what Legionella is, where it can be found and why it poses such a risk to humans in this short but comprehensive e-learning course. Users progress through a series of bite-sized, brightly illustrated modules designed to be easy to digest and memorable. They’ll come away with a good understanding of their responsibilities, how to carry out a Legionella risk assessment and what to do next.
Once they’ve completed this course, users should be able to:
- Understand what Legionella is, and the diseases associated with it
- Understand who has what responsibilities
- Identify typical Legionella risks in the workplace
- Know what to include in a Legionella risk assessment
- Be aware of what further action needs to be taken, if any
- Know how to prevent and control Legionella risk
- Understand best practice for using laptops
- Understand best practice for hot-desking
- Cost-effective way of training staff about Legionella
- Easy to track and audit company-wide training
- Saves valuable time and resources
- Provides automatic email reminders to prompt users to complete course
- Police-approved secure platform with hourly data backups encrypted with AES-256 encryption
- Interactive, personalised, visual learning
- Easy-to-digest information
- Peace-of-mind for employers
- Prevention of dangerous and costly outbreak of Legionnaire’s disease
Tailoring course content has never been easier thanks to our intuitive, visual course builder. We can edit Legionella Essentials for you, or you have the option to access the course builder yourself.
This is useful if you need to change elements of the course to suit the terminology, policies and content relevant to your organisation.
Content will differ from user to user, depending on how they answer various questions throughout the course.
- What is Legionella
- Legionella risks at work
- Legionella risk assessments
- Prevention and control