A build-your-own course designed to immerse staff in realistic first aid scenarios that you choose.
3.5 hours (3 scenarios), or 7 hours (6 scenarios)
To be advised
People become ill and sustain injuries at work every day. This customisable training course offers first aiders the opportunity to deal with realistic emergency situations based in work environments. By physically acting out scenarios, trainees will develop problem-solving skills and have greater confidence to treat and manage injuries and illness.
Work with us to design a course that reflects the risks individual to your workplace. We can simulate a variety of settings such as kitchens, car parks, laboratories, stairwells and factory floors, as well as single and open-plan office environments.
Scenario training offers organisations the opportunity to implement first aid measures that would occur in a real situation, such as alerting security, accessing defibrillators and using in-house first aid call systems.
You choose the date and provide the venue, usually your premises, and we provide the training and any necessary equipment.Register interest
What to expect
Your training can follow any format, incorporating shift patterns and multiple sites. The bespoke nature of the course means that you can develop training specific to your organisation’s needs. The number and variants of scenarios can also be designed to factor in common injuries or accidents associated with the nature of the business. It is recommended that pretend casualties are selected from the workforce to enhance the realistic nature of the training.
We recommend running half day (3.5 hours) training which includes three scenarios, or a full day (7 hours) which includes up to 6 scenarios. You can build your training package with our suggested scenarios or additional subjects by request.
- Unconscious casualty – delegates will conduct a primary assessment, manage fainting or unresponsive breathing and initiate recovery position
- Unresponsive non-breathing casualty – CPR and defibrillation
- Breathing difficulties – asthma, hyperventilation
- Shock – delegates will determine cause and provide appropriate treatment, and manage the casualty in shock position
- Heart attack – establishing pre-existing conditions, medication, management of conscious or unconscious casualty including recovery position or CPR/defibrillation
- Choking – manage adult or child and apply appropriate treatment
- Bleeding – assess type of bleed and embedded objects, apply appropriate dressings
- Burns – identify type of burn and apply appropriate treatment
- Anaphylaxis – apply appropriate treatment, manage conscious and unconscious casualty
All of our first aid courses are led by experienced Posturite trainers all holding a relevant teaching qualification such as PTLLS as well as a valid first aid at work qualification and other first aid related subject specialisms.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.