Training during COVID-19
During the current pandemic, we are unable to deliver this course onsite at your premises. As an alternative we have developed a remote course in which we will present the same high quality educational content you expect from our Posturite trainers but in a different format. A remote learning approach eliminates the infection risk a face-to-face course presents and can offer greater flexibility during the current climate. Please find details of our new manual handling remote course here. Unfortunately, due to the nature of remote training, we will be unable to deliver the practical element of this course until further notice.
Max 3 hours
Max 12 people per course
This course is designed to help delegates recognise and better understand manual handling risks that may be present in their working environment. It provides the basic information on how best to undertake manual handling and methods. to reduce risks identified.
£495 (ex VAT)*
You choose the date and provide the venue, usually your premises, and we provide the training and any necessary equipment.
* Pricing applies to UK Mainland only.Register interest
Delegates will be able to demonstrate basic suitable manual handling techniques. They will also understand legal requirements and the risk factors associated with manual handling as well as the basic anatomy of the back and health issues.
- Why the need for manual handling training
- Manual handling statistics
- Legal requirements
- Health and Safety at Work act 1974
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Anatomy and health issues
- Functions of your back
- Back structure
- Common problems associated with the back
- Lever principle
- Manual handling risk assessments
- TILE approach
- Ways to improve manual handling tasks
- Good handling techniques theory
- Practical session
- Starting with basic box lifting and progressing to other occupational load lifts if a sufficient level of competence has been demonstrated
Your course will be led by an experienced Posturite trainer. All of our trainers are qualified teachers with significant experience in their specialist fields.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.