Max 3 hours
Max 12* people per course
This course is designed to help delegates recognise and better understand manual handling risks that may be present in their working environment. It provides the basic information on how best to undertake manual handling and methods. to reduce risks identified.
Delegates will be able to demonstrate basic suitable manual handling techniques. They will also understand legal requirements and the risk factors associated with manual handling as well as the basic anatomy of the back and health issues.
* Subject to COVID-19 measures.
£495 (ex VAT)**
You choose the date and provide the venue, usually your premises, and we provide the training and any necessary equipment.
** Pricing applies to UK Mainland only.Register interest
- Why the need for manual handling training
- Manual handling statistics
- Legal requirements
- Health and Safety at Work act 1974
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Anatomy and health issues
- Functions of your back
- Back structure
- Common problems associated with the back
- Lever principle
- Manual handling risk assessments
- TILE approach
- Ways to improve manual handling tasks
- Good handling techniques theory
- Practical session
- Starting with basic box lifting and progressing to other occupational load lifts if a sufficient level of competence has been demonstrated
Your course will be led by an experienced Posturite trainer. All of our trainers are qualified teachers with significant experience in their specialist fields.
Have you considered a live remote course instead?
If you would prefer your training delivered remotely via a trainer-led virtual classroom instead of face-to-face, we offer remote sessions for this course.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.