Refresh and update your manual handling knowledge with our 1.5 hour virtual training course.
Max 8 people per course
Remote web course
This 1.5 hour remote course is designed to help delegates understand manual handling risks that may be present in their working environment. It provides basic theoretical information on how best to undertake manual handling and methods to reduce risks identified.
£395 (ex VAT)*
You choose the date and we provide the training, exclusively for those in your organisation.
* Pricing applies to UK only.Register interest
What to expect
The course is trainer led, delivered by virtual classroom and structured to allow delegates to interact, and verbalise their knowledge.
The course is accompanied by a handbook which delegates will be asked to complete and submit, following the training in order to ascertain knowledge and understanding prior to certification.
Delegates will be able to demonstrate basic suitable manual handling techniques. They will also understand legal requirements and the risk factors associated with manual handling as well as the basic anatomy of the back and health issues.
- Why the need for manual handling training
- Manual handling statistics
- Legal requirements
- Health and Safety at Work act 1974
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Anatomy and health issues
- Functions of your back
- Back structure
- Common problems associated with the back
- Lever principle
- Manual handling risk assessments
- TILE approach
- Ways to improve manual handling tasks
- Good handling techniques theory
All of our manual handling courses are led by experienced Posturite trainers.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.