Max 8 people per course
This 1.5 hour remote course is designed to help delegates understand manual handling risks that may be present in their working environment. It provides basic theoretical information on how best to undertake manual handling and methods to reduce risks identified.
Delegates will be able to demonstrate basic suitable manual handling techniques. They will also understand legal requirements and the risk factors associated with manual handling as well as the basic anatomy of the back and health issues.
£345 (ex VAT)*
You choose the date and we provide the training, exclusively for those in your organisation.
* Pricing applies to UK only.Register interest
What to expect
The course is trainer led, delivered by virtual classroom and structured to allow delegates to interact, and verbalise their knowledge.
The course is accompanied by a workbook which delegates will be asked to complete throughout the training in order to ascertain knowledge and understanding of the course content.
- Why the need for manual handling training
- Manual handling statistics
- Legal requirements
- Health and Safety at Work act 1974
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Anatomy and health issues
- Functions of your back
- Back structure
- Common problems associated with the back
- Lever principle
- Manual handling risk assessments
- TILE approach
- Ways to improve manual handling tasks
- Good handling techniques theory
Your course will be led by an experienced Posturite trainer. All of our trainers are qualified teachers with significant experience in their specialist fields.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.