Become equipped with the skills to positively influence workplace culture and implement practical support strategies.
Face-to-face or remote/web course
Did you know 1 in 4 people in the UK are likely to experience mental health problems each year?
Employers have a duty of care to protect the physical and mental wellbeing of their staff. Mental health in the workplace has often been overshadowed by more physical health and safety. A combination of stigma and a lack of knowledge and understanding means that many people have been left without the support they need to carry out their jobs happily and well. According to Mind, 12.7% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to mental health conditions.
Having trained employees in your organisation can help create a healthy, open, supporting culture in which the importance of good mental health is recognised and championed.
The QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health and develop an understanding on how best to support, reassure and signpost colleagues to professional support.
This course is longer and more in-depth than the QA Level 2 Award in Understanding mental health at work and will equip staff with more knowledge about specific conditions and practical skills to apply suitable support systems.
£250 (ex VAT)
If you only have one or two people to train, then why not sign them up to one of our drop-in courses?Book now
£1,695 (ex VAT)**
You choose the date and provide the venue, usually your premises, and we provide the training and any necessary equipment.
** Pricing applies to UK Mainland only.Register interest
What to expect
The course will be delivered in four parts totalling two days of contact time, either via virtual classroom, or face-to-face onsite.
Delegates will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within their workplace, making it an ideal qualification for mental health champions, first aiders, human resources, managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Assisting those off work or returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
The course will be led by Posturite’s qualified mental health first aid trainers. Meet some of our trainers here.
Remote (virtual courses)
There are currently no upcoming courses, but please check back again soon.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.