Develop the skills to positively influence workplace culture.
Employers have a duty of care to protect the physical and mental wellbeing of their staff. Mental health in the workplace has often been overshadowed by more physical health and safety. A combination of stigma and a lack of knowledge and understanding means that many people have been left without the support they need to carry out their jobs happily and well. According to Mind, 12.7% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to mental health conditions.
The QA Level 2 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions in the workplace and how best to offer support and guidance to colleagues.
£175 (ex VAT)
If you only have one or two people to train, then why not sign them up to one of our drop-in courses?Book now
£995 (ex VAT)*
You choose the date and provide the venue, usually your premises, and we provide the training and any necessary equipment.
* Pricing applies to UK Mainland only.Register interest
What to expect
The course is delivered in two parts totaling one day of contact time, either via virtual classroom, or face-to-face onsite.
During this course, delegates will develop a greater understanding on the importance of positive mental health and wellbeing in the workplace and the role that everyone plays in recognising and handling mental health issues at work.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of those associated with mental health in the workplace
- Legislation associated with mental health in the workplace
- Promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Identifying key features within a mental health first aid at work action plan and listening techniques
The course will be led by Posturite’s qualified mental health first aid trainers. Meet some of our trainers here.
Remote (virtual courses)
There are currently no upcoming courses, but please check back again soon.
Want to discuss training further?
Fill out our quick contact form and our training team will be in touch to help you.