Fire safety from an employer's perspective
Friday 15 November 2013
This session is aimed at those with fire safety responsibility, either as an employer or as the responsible person for the site. We will explore the legal requirements we need to satisfy and the process of fire risk assessment and control. There have been many technical advances in the field of fire safety management, however many still struggle to get the basics right, so will touch on some recent fire safety prosecutions and lessons learnt.
The session covers:
- What are the general requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005?
- What does the employer need to know & do?
- The fire risk assessment & managing actions
- Staff training & induction
- Fire prevention and control systems
- When it goes wrong – past case studies & enforcement
As one of our WorkRite Health & Safety consultants, Nic Carstens manages to effectively blend common sense with technical knowledge. Nic is responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to a wide range of private and public sector organisations. He is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and a member of the Institute of Safety and Risk Management (IIRSM).