Read&Write is an easy-to-use flexible toolbar containing support features to make reading, writing and research easier for you. The software has been designed to address some of the issues that people with dyslexia face daily, namely reading difficulties, writing difficulties, problems with spelling and general literacy support. The software works discreetly with all mainstream applications, allowing users to learn in an inclusive setting.
Read&Write enables teachers, employers and parents to provide extra support for their students, employees and children who have reading and writing difficulties, dyslexia, or English as an additional language, whilst also encouraging their independent learning
You can now purchase an annual subscription for one user as an option in the drop-down menu below.
When your order is placed, you will receive an email with a link to Read&Write Essentials, the new repository that contains all of the information needed for downloading and installing your software as well as additional support resources to get you started.
- Understand what you are reading through the text reading tools. Words are highlighted as they are read.
- Write accurately with the help of spelling and homophone checkers to correct typical dyslexic errors.
- Understand the meaning of words through word and picture dictionaries.
- Listen to text on the go using the speech maker tool to convert text to MP3.
- Write fluently with the aid of word prediction.
- Complete research/assignments with the Study Skills suite; collate text and create a bibliography with ease.
- Reading and Reading Support
- Screenshot Reader
- DAISY Reader
- Screen Masking
- PDF Aloud
- Dictionary/Picture Dictionary
- Speech Maker
- Pronunciation Tutor
- Writing and Self Editing
- Spell Checker
- Word Prediction
- Word Wizard
- Sounds Like and Confusable Words
- Verb Checker
- Speech Input
- Speak While Typing
- Study Skills and Research
- Fact Finder & mapper
- Study Skills Highlighters
- Vocabulary List Builder
- Word Cloud
- Voice Note
- Teacher’s Toolkit
- PDF Accessibility Editor
- Pentium IV 1.8 GHz Processor (Recommended: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or greater
- Free hard disk space:
- 2 GB
- 512 MB (Recommended: 1 GB or greater)
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows XP SP3 or above
- Sound card, speakers and microphone for speech input
- Internet connection (for certain features & activation)
- Additional software:
- PDF Aloud requires Adobe Reader X or XI or Acrobat Version 9, X or XI
The estimated lead time for this item is displayed towards the top of the page, under the short description.
Delivery and installation options
With downloadable software, shipping is free and you should receive all the necessary information and links in an email within one working day of placing your order.
This item is non-returnable. If in the very unlikely event the item is faulty we will collect it and either refund it or provide you with a replacement. Please let us know within 24 hours of receipt of the item to make a valid claim.