MouseBean Ergonomic Hand Rest
Reasons to Buy
This is one of those brilliant but simple ideas that you might wonder why someone didn't think of it a long time ago!
MouseBean was invented to tackle the problem of mouse induced wrist pain by providing support, protection and comfort. Its ergonomic design can help protect against RSI and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and painful disabling wrist problems.
Damage to the median nerve is commonly experienced as tingling or numbness in the thumb and first two fingers but can cause a variety of symptoms including burning and tenderness in the forearm and aching in the wrist joint. The Mouse Bean Hand Rest can help to prevent serious nerve damage. by preventing the centre part of your wrist from being pressed against a hard survace with its soft cushion pads.
Lastly MouseBean has hygienic, non-toxic, washable, soft pads can be replaced or swapped in seconds. The tactile surface patterns are designed to increase comfort levels in hot weather when hands can get sticky.
MouseBean has been extensively tested in computer user trials and endorsed by a consulting surgeon.
- Reduce Median Nerve Compression - The Mouse Bean Hand Rest protects the delicate median nerve that runs through the carpal tunnel in the wrist. It does this by preventing the central part of the wrist from being pressed against a hard surface. The Mouse Bean Hand Rest supports the hand on the soft fleshy parts either side of the median nerve.
- Corrects Wrist Angle - The Mouse Bean Hand Rest elevates the forearm to maintain a straight wrist. This reduces stress on the tendons where they run through the carpal tunnel. Overuse of the hand and fingers when the wrist is bent can lead to tenosynovitis (inflammation of the covering of the tendons), a painful condition affecting the forearm. Resting the forearm on the desktop can become increasingly uncomfortable.
- Specially Contoured Body -The Mouse Bean Hand Rest allows the wrist to rotate into a comfortable position and can be used on either hand. The gently rounded base allows it to slide on and off the edge of a mouse mat without snagging.
- Stress Reduction - The Mouse Bean Hand Rest reduces tension and stress in the hand, arm, shoulder, neck and back. Because the heel of the hand is properly supported, the arm does not need to be elevated to move the mouse and this encourages upper arm mobility. Supporting the hand in this way also seems to reduce the need to grip the mouse too tightly. Constant tension in the forearm is a common cause of tenderness and burning sensations.
- Sliding Coupling Fingertip Control - The Mouse Bean Hand Rest has a sliding coupling bar that connects to a simple stick-on socket on the rear of the mouse. Although some users never seem to discover it, this sliding feature allows the mouse to be moved with the fingers for fine detail work in art and design packages. This dramatically helps to relax the muscles of the hand and forearm and further reduces stress in the upper arm.
- Tactile Stress Relief - Due mainly to its highly tactile surfaces, many of our customers just love to use the Mouse Bean Hand Rest as a stress reliever. This is an important aspect in the workplace since it encourages computer users to take short, regular breaks. This allows overused muscles a little time to relax and recover - further reducing tension and stress.
- Insulation and Protection - The Mouse Bean Hand Rest keeps the wrist away from cold surfaces as well as the sharp edges of desks and mouse pads. It also eliminates pressure from wrist watches and bracelets, a common cause of aggravation which most wrist pads simply make worse.
- Please note: You will need to glue the Mousebean to the mouse if you wish to connect it