Posturite is proud to be a new corporate partner to the charity.
In 2023 alone, Posturite has supported the Stroke Association by:
- Donating £8,576 during our Support Stroke Sale
- Raising over £10,500 (and counting!) for the Posturite Pedal for Stroke
- Volunteering as Connect and Chat telephone volunteers
- Supplying free headsets and sit-stand desks to charity staff
- Raising over £505 at a staff quiz night
- Providing free training to the charity’s inhouse DSE Assessors
- Raising awareness of aphasia during Stroke Awareness Month
Our chosen charity
Choosing a charity for our business to support in 2023 and 2024 that is working to improve health and provide people with specialist support is important to us as a team.
At Posturite we are all getting stuck into a multitude of activities to help support people affected by stroke and we're loving the opportunity to give back to our communities.
Team fundraising and volunteering
"I'm excited to see the impact we can make for the Stroke Association and how supporting a charity will bring us together in meaningful and fun new ways" says Chris Jones, MD of Posturite.
Support Chris and team on our 'Posturite Pedal for Stroke' quest to cycle 436km in just 3 days in aid of the Stroke Association!
Our promise to the Stroke Association
The Posturite team are:
We are becoming Connect and Chat Telephone Volunteers
2. Donating money, products and services
We are donating office equipment and providing free training to Stroke Association staff
We are undertaking sponsored events – to deploy our love for exercise and sport
4. Raising awareness of stroke
We are helping to spread the word about how to reduce the risks of stroke and more
What does the Stroke Association charity do?
The Stroke Association provides specialist support, funds stroke research and campaigns to ensure people affected by stroke get the very best support and care to rebuild their lives.
Why did Posturite choose the Stroke Association to support?
- Stroke is the UK's leading cause of disability; we want to help. We were moved by how great the need is when we learnt that there are 1.3 million stroke survivors in the UK. Stroke is often a life-changing event, with a devastating impact. It can affect our ability to move, communicate and lead our everyday lives. Emotional changes, anxiety and depression can be experienced by stroke survivors. All these difficulties led us to feel that stroke is a very important cause.
- Improving health is what we seek to do at Posturite. A health charity is right for us.
- Equality for people with a disability is at the top of our agenda too.
- The Stroke Association team is a caring and dynamic charity doing important and impressive work. We've enjoyed meeting their team members.
What do we want to raise awareness of?
- Stroke is a condition which affects people of all ages.
- The 'FAST test' can help you recognise the most common signs of stroke:
- Facial weakness: Can the person smile? Has their mouth or eye drooped?
- Arm weakness: Can the person raise both arms?
- Speech problems: Can the person speak clearly and understand what you say?
- Time to call 999: if you see any of these signs
- How to reduce your risk of stroke
Remember that stroke is a medical emergency.