Reasons to Buy
The ONGO®Classic is not only a comfortable and beautifully designed stool, it also promotes active sitting to ease tension, strengthen muscle groups in the back and improve overall posture. It is a fun way to build exercise into your everyday life, not only improving posture but also boosting energy levels and concentration.
The curved base of the ONGO®Classic features a narrow track in which a ball sits, giving acoustic feedback on every movement. When you hear the ball humming along the track, you know your moving in the right direction. The ball track's feedback function makes the ergonomically designed stool an innovative piece of fitness equipment.
Not only do your body good, they also look good too, they are available in 6 bright and fun colours. Wherever you want to sit more actively and enhance your health - and have fun at the same time!
- Choice of 6 seat colour options
- Knit microfiber fabric seat
- Regular seat height (420-640 mm)
- White body
- Silver ball run
- Designed to promote 'Active Sitting'
- Comfortable upholstered seat
- 3 interchangeable balls (glass, rubber, steel) vary the difficulty of the exercise
- Retro design will fit beautifully into any workplace, gym or home
- Adjustable height via a gas spring
- Active sitting builds and strengthens the muscles that maintain good posture and alignment. Moving the muscles of the back and their "opponents" in the abdomen enhances bodily posture and relieves spinal tension.
- Improved posture increases the body’s space for internal organs, frees up the diaphragm, and optimises breathing.
- Physical activity enhances mental performance through what is called epigenetic activation and inhibition of specific genes: Neuronal activity in the brain increases, memory is sharpened, and blood circulation to the hippocampus, which is essential to good memory function, is enhanced.
- Integrating movement into a seated position stimulates the muscles to flex and relax dynamically as they alternately engage and disengage. While they are disengaged, the blood vessels expand. Circulation to the muscles increases, and they are supplied with oxygen.
- Seat height:
- 420 mm
- Seat width:
- 500 mm
- Seat depth:
- 440-525 mm
- 1 year
Q: My gas stem seems a little stiff – is this normal?
Sometimes, over time, the gas stem can become a little stiff when trying to adjust the height. A quick and easy fix for this is using WD-40 or Vaseline. Apply a light layer of grease to the gas stem, then try adjusting the gas stem 3-4 times. The gas stem should now adjust easily.
Q: Can I adjust the height of my ONGO®Classic stool?
To adjust the seat height, sit on your ONGO®Classic Stool. Press the inner disk under the seat on one side only to tilt the disk as you would a lever.
Q: My ONGO®Classic seat has become worn over time – can I change it?
With the ONGO®Classic stool you can change the seat covers. To remove your seat cover, secure the base of the foot with both of your feet and pull on the seat while turning it. Then loosen the four screws of the retaining ring and remove the cover.
To put a cover on the ONGO®Classic stool, pull it tightly and evenly over the seat cushion. Use the retaining ring to push the tick ring along the edge of the cover to the seat and secure the ring again by tightening the four screws. Then push the seat back on the gas stem and secure it on the cone by sitting on it several times.
Still having problems?
Please give our customer services team a call on +44 (0) 345 345 0010.